Misericordia University manages eleven residential facilities: McHale Hall, Alumnae Hall, Gildea Hall, MacDowell Hall, McGowan Hall, Townhouse Complex, three houses on Lake Street and the Machell Avenue Residence. For the 2013-2014 academic year, Residence Life will also manage eight apartments located at the Nittany Commons facility in Dallas, PA
- McHale Hall – is a traditional standard double room residence that houses first year students. It is co-ed by floor / wing and is equipped with air conditioning and elevator access. Fireside Lounge is located on the main floor and serves as a recreational area with a full kitchen facility.
- Alumnae Hall – is a traditional co-ed standard double room residence that houses first year and upper class students. This residence is connected to McGowan Hall where students share recreational lounges, study areas and a full kitchen facility.
- Gildea Hall – are apartment-like suites for upper class students, co-ed by unit, and holding three- six- or seven- occupants. All suites contain a full bath and common room area. The facility is air conditioned with elevator access and offers recreational / study lounges and kitchenettes.
- McGowan Hall – is a modern double room facility for upper class / first year students with a private full bathroom shared with the bedroom next door. The second and fourth floor lounges are equipped with a full size kitchen and study areas. The third floor lounge contains all the same amenities minus the kitchen. The R.E.A.C.H. (Residents Excelling in Academics, Community, and Health) program is located on the second, third and fourth floors. This community is committed to academic excellence and a substance free lifestyle.
- Townhouse Complex – consists of eighteen units for upper class students. Each is equipped with four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a common living room and full kitchen. This residence is co-ed by unit, and houses six students.
- Lake Street Houses – are off campus houses for upper class students that offer the full amenities of a typical household with a kitchen and laundry facility.
- MacDowell Hall – consists of three and five person apartments. The three person apartments have one single bedroom and one double bedroom, while the five person apartments have one single bedroom and two double bedrooms. All apartments are air conditioned, have full kitchens (stove, refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher), a furnished living room, and a bathroom. The building has on-site coin operated laundry and two lounges.
- Machell Avenue Residence – consists of six single rooms, three double rooms, and four triple rooms. The facility is air conditioned and has a full size kitchen, living room, on-site laundry, parking and five bathrooms.
- Nittany Commons, Dallas, PA- is an additional housing option for the 2013-2014 academic year for upper class students. Eight units are air conditioned, have furnished common living / dining room areas, two bathrooms and fully equipped kitchens.
At Misericordia University, the residential facilities serve two purposes in accommodating a student’s overall university experience: to live and to learn. Living and sharing with others is a vital part of one’s educational experience at Misericordia. Through programming, the Residence Life department provides opportunities for students to build relationships and connections that will last a lifetime. Within the residential facilities, students are challenged to make decisions that not only affect their lives, but those around them as well.
The Office of Residence Life assists the residential students in their academic success and growth as a professional and a person. Residence Life staff members work in unison with the students to create and maintain an environment conducive to academic success and individual growth.