Pre-Professional Specialization Curriculum
The Pre-Professional Specialization curriculum is the same as the B.S. in Chemistry degree with the following exceptions:
- The students interested in pursuing post-graduate professional studies should, at minimum, maintain a GPA of 3.0 (a "B" average) or better in order to be recommended to these programs.
- Students are required to take CHM 354: Biochemistry II.
- Students are not required to take any chemistry electives.
- As part of their specialization, students must complete at least 14 credits of biology major electives.
- Students are required to enroll in the following courses as their first biology major electives: BIO 111: Evolution, Genetics and Ecology; and BIO 112: Cell and Molecular Biology
- Students must complete a minimum of six credits of biology major electives from the following list: BIO 243: General Microbiology; BIO 251: Comparative Anatomy; BIO 301: Gross Anatomy; BIO 346: General Physiology; BIO 360: Immunology; BIO 435: Cell Biology, BIO 441: Molecular Genetics