Financial Aid - Application process
All students who wish to be considered for financial assistance must apply for admission to the University at www.misericordia.edu/apply
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - All students, regardless of their state of legal residence, must submit a "Free Application for Federal Student Aid" PRIOR TO MAY 1ST EVERY YEAR. The University uses the information collected on this application to determine eligibility for all Federal and Institutional aid and loan programs. www.fafsa.gov
Misericordia University Title IV School Code is 00324700.
General Eligibility - Undergraduate Student - To be eligible for financial aid consideration you must:
- demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA,
- be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen with a valid Social Security number,
- be enrolled at least half-time in a degree or certificate program at the University. Full-time enrollment is a minimum of 12 credits per term. Half-time enrollment is a minimum of 6 undergraduate credits per term or 4.5 graduate credits per term,
- be registered with the Selective Service, if you are a male 18 to 25 years of age, (www.sss.gov to register)
- not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on any federal educational loan,
- be making satisfactory academic progress toward your degree,
- show you're qualified to obtain a postsecondary education.