Faculty Employment Opportunity and Position Vacancy List / Job Postings
Updated as of October 30, 2014
For confidential consideration for any of the following EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES or POSITION VACANCIES / JOB POSTINGS, please forward application material to: Misericordia University, Office of Human Resources, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA 18612 or email to email@example.com.
Misericordia University is committed to student, faculty and staff diversity and values the educational benefit this brings to campus. Candidates should indicate any experience and/or leadership that contribute to this goal.
- The Biology Department at Misericordia University invites applications for the following:
1) A tenure track faculty at the Assistant Professor level beginning in August 2015. The successful candidate must hold a Ph.D. in the biological sciences or closely related discipline. The candidate is expected to actively involve undergraduate students in research and display a demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching, scholarship and service. Individuals with expertise in EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGY are especially encouraged to apply. Teaching expectations include upper level courses in the applicant’s area of specialty and other courses as needed.
2) A full time, instructor/non-tenure track faculty at the Instructor/Assistant Professor level beginning in August 2015 that is annually renewable. The successful candidate must hold a M.S. (for Instructor) or Ph.D. (for Assistant Professor) in the biological sciences or closely related discipline. Teaching expectations include anatomy and physiology courses for health science majors and/or introductory level biology courses.
Misericordia University is committed to student, faculty and staff diversity and values the educational benefit this brings to campus. Candidates should indicate any experience and/or leadership that contribute to this goal.
For confidential consideration, please enclose in your application package a letter of application which includes your telephone number and e-mail address, curriculum vitae, official transcripts, statement of teaching philosophy and three letters of reference via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Misericordia University, Human Resources Department, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, Pennsylvania, 18612
Inquiries only should be directed to: Dr. Cosima Wiese, Associate Professor of Biology, Search Committee Chair; e-mail: email@example.com
The deadline for completed applications is December 10, 2014.
- Tenure Track Faculty -The Misericordia University Department of Business is seeking to fill a full-time tenure track faculty position for the 2015 – 2016 academic year. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in economics, finance and related courses. Qualifications include a doctorate in economics or related field; ABD candidates with an expected completion date of their doctorate of 8/15/15 will also be considered. Additional qualifications of prior teaching and/or professional experience will be considered a plus.
For confidential consideration, candidates should submit their Curriculum Vita that includes contact information for three references and cover letter stating status of doctoral degree and interest in teaching finance, economics and related courses at Misericordia University by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail addressed to the Office of Human Resources, Misericordia University, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA 18612. Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.
- CHEMISTRY / BIOCHEMISTRY
- Tenure Track Assistant Professor - Analytical Chemistry -The Chemistry/Biochemistry Department at Misericordia University invites qualified candidates to apply for a tenure-track faculty position to begin August 15, 2015, in the area of analytical chemistry. Qualified candidates will possess a doctoral degree in chemistry prior to the fall 2015 semester. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate lecture and laboratory courses in general chemistry, as well as upper-level courses in analytical chemistry and instrumental analysis. The successful candidate may also be required to teach laboratory courses in organic and other areas of chemistry as needed. The ability to develop an undergraduate research program would also be required.
Misericordia University is located in Northeastern Pennsylvania, serving approximately 2,000 full time students. The Department of Chemistry/Biochemistry has been steadily growing over the last several years, and it is anticipated to continue to do so in the foreseeable future. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and will demonstrate a commitment to a collegial and collaborative environment.
For confidential consideration, please submit a letter of application, a statement of teaching philosophy, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, and a research plan discussing how undergraduates would be involved in original research projects by email to email@example.com. The application can also be sent by mail to the Office of Human Resources, Misericordia University, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA 18612
- Assistant Professor - Misericordia University’s English Department seeks to hire a full-time, non-tenure track assistant professor of English commencing fall 2015. The successful candidate will possess a Ph.D. in comparative literature, and candidates with additional expertise in the following areas are encouraged to apply: creative writing (fiction preferred), non-Western literature(s), or 18th century literature. The successful candidate should also possess experience and strength in teaching writing at all levels, as well as a commitment to the University’s liberal arts mission. Ph.D. must be in hand before August 15, 2015.
The candidate accepting this position will be responsible for teaching 12 credits per fall and spring semester--including sections of the university’s introductory writing seminar, English courses in the university’s Core Curriculum, and upper-division literature courses in the English curriculum—as well as developing upper-division courses in their field(s).
To apply, please submit a dossier including a letter of application, current c.v., teaching philosophy, letters of recommendation, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic submissions as a single .pdf file are preferred; applications may also be mailed to the Office of Human Resources, Misericordia University, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA, 18612. The deadline for applications is December 1, 2014. Initial interviews will be held at the 2015 MLA conference.
- FINE ARTS
- Full time Faculty (Non Tenure Track) - The Fine Arts Department of the College of Arts and Sciences at Misericordia University seeks a non tenure-track faculty member to teach courses in studio art (2/2 teaching load) and art historical methodologies (aesthetics and semiotics; 2/2 teaching load). The position will also be coordinator and supervisor of the University’s Art Studios. Additional duties will include consultation with department chair in reviewing the curricular assessment of the studio minor, as well as participation in service to the university and college.
Required qualifications are both an earned MFA in any studio discipline and a PhD in either art history or art education (PhD must be received by July 2015).
The successful candidate will show a strong, proven commitment to teaching at the college/university level; interest in curriculum development; the ability to integrate technology in teaching; and an interest in interdisciplinary teaching. Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following: an ability to teach in one or more studio disciplines reflecting MFA training (strong studio practice/portfolio); competence of teaching art history and its methodologies for a general liberal arts curriculum; knowledge and experience in current methodologies in studio practice and art history; experience in designing both innovative and comprehensive studio courses at the undergraduate level.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate scholarly achievement and/or creative expression and promise of continuing research/artistic production that will complement and expand the existing expertise of the department; the ability to work effectively with colleagues; and a willingness to participate in academic governance, and department and university service.
For confidential consideration, please submit a letter of application, current curriculum vitae, two or three examples of scholarship and portfolio work, graduate school transcripts, and three letters of recommendation. Please convert all materials to PDFs and submit via email to email@example.com . Alternatively, please post a CD or DVD with the above listed items to the Office of Human Resources, Misericordia University, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA 18612
- HISTORY AND GOVERNMENT
- Government, Law and National Security Tenure Track Faculty - Misericordia University invites applications for a tenure-track position as assistant professor in the Government, Law, and National Security program starting fall 2015. The GLNS program, which is part of the university’s Department of History and Government, seeks a specialist in American government and homeland security.
A Ph.D. in political science, public administration, or public policy is required by August 2015; college teaching experience is strongly preferred. In addition to teaching the American government course in the university’s core, the candidate must be able to teach courses on the Federal government and public policy issues related to homeland security. The successful candidate will also offer upper level courses related to his or her teaching and research interests, but preference will be given to candidates who can offer any of the following courses: Congress, bureaucratic politics, public policy analysis, and state and local government.
Review of credentials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The department will be conducting interviews at the Northeastern Political Science Association annual meeting in November. For confidential consideration, applicants should send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, teaching evaluations, and three letters of recommendation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Misericordia University, Human Resources, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA 18612
- Assistant Professor - Modern World History - The Department of History and Government at Misericordia University invites applications for a non-tenure-track renewable position as an Assistant Professor in Modern World history, to start in the fall of 2015. Preference will be given to candidates with a specialty in the history of East Asia, South Asia, Africa, or the Middle East. Applicants must be able to offer courses in the Core Curriculum, as well as upper-level courses in the candidate’s field of study. College teaching experience is preferred, as is the ability to offer writing-intensive courses. Ph.D. in history by August 2015 required.
Review of credentials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The department will be conducting interviews at the American History Association conference in January. For confidential consideration, applicants should send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, teaching evaluations, and three letters of recommendation via email to email@example.com or by mail to Misericordia University, Human Resources, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA 18612
- MEDICAL IMAGING
- Adjunct Clinical Instructors - This position runs from January through August (with a possible assignment during the fall semester) and will be available beginning January, 2015, for approximately 9 hours per week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (Three a.m. hours per day) until May. Additional hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays, may be available depending on the needs of the department and the candidate’s availability. Additional hours will be required in October and/or November, 2014 for orientation. A Summer (May-August) assignment may be available on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for two-6 week sessions, approximately 12-14 hours per week.
The qualified candidate will possess: a minimum A.A.S. degree in Radiologic Technology from a J.R.C.E.R.T.-accredited program; current A.R.R.T. certification in Radiologic Technology; a minimum of 2 years recent experience in the general radiology department, post radiography education. Experience in supervising, instructing, and evaluating students is preferred. A B.S. degree in Radiologic Technology from a J.R.C.E.R.T.-accredited program is strongly preferred. Clearance through criminal background check, current CPR, health clearance inclusive of drug testing, and valid PA driver’s license are required.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, proof of degree, and copy of current A.R.R.T. card to Office of Human Resources, Misericordia University, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA 18612, or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Inquiries only (not applications) should be directed to: Dr. Elaine Halesey, Ed.D., R.T. (R)(QM), Professor and Chairperson, (570) 674-6480 or e-mail: email@example.com
- Adjunct Instructors - The Nursing Department at Misericordia University is currently seeking adjunct instructors for 6 to 12 hours of clinical per week for medical-surgical, critical care and community health.
Candidates must have a Master’s of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree or in a master's program of nursing and 1 year of clinical experience. All qualified applicants will hold a current Pennsylvania nursing license or be eligible for PA licensure. This position requires flexible teaching hours.
For confidential consideration, please forward a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the contact information of three references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail addressed to the Office of Human Resources, Misericordia University, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA 18612. Applications will be considered until positions are filled.
- OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
- Full time Faculty - The Department of Occupational Therapy at Misericordia University, located in Dallas, PA, is currently accepting applications for a full-time (10 month) faculty position beginning August 2015. Rank, tenure-track status, and salary are dependent upon the applicant’s experience and qualifications.
The Department of Occupational Therapy is a fully accredited program that includes a five-year professional entry-level master’s degree program and a weekend college program for individuals already possessing a baccalaureate degree in another discipline. We also offer a post-professional pediatric certificate program, a post-professional master’s degree and a post-professional clinical doctorate in occupational therapy in a newly renovated College of Health Sciences building.
Misericordia University is a teaching centered institution with a commitment to community service. The curriculum has a strong foundation in occupation, evidence-based practice and community-based practice. Successful candidates will join an experienced faculty with diverse clinical and educational backgrounds.
• Earned academic doctorate (PhD, EdD, DSc) from an accredited institution preferred. OTD will be considered.
• NBCOT certification and eligible for Pennsylvania licensure.
• Minimum of five years of clinical experience.
• Teaching experience in higher education preferred.
• Expertise in psychosocial dysfunction, adult physical rehabilitation and geriatric practice are preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Responsibilities include teaching in areas of expertise and supervising graduate research projects, active participation in scholarly activities, student advisement, and service to the University, community, and profession.
For confidential consideration, please submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and names of three references by email to email@example.com or by mail addressed to the Office of Human Resources, Misericordia University, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA 18612. Review of applications will begin in January 2015 and continue until the position is filled.
- Assistant Professor - Misericordia University, Dallas, PA. The Department of Philosophy invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor (non tenure-track), beginning August 2015. This is a one-year position with the possibility of renewal. AOS: History of Western Philosophy. AOC: Open. The standard teaching load is 4/4.
PH.D. in Philosophy required. Preference will be given to candidates strongly conversant with the History of Western philosophy and who view work in the History of Philosophy as a way of engaging the discipline itself.
Candidates must provide evidence of excellent teaching. Only candidates with significant course work, teaching experience or scholarship in the History of Philosophy will be considered.
Applicants should provide a cover letter, CV, unofficial transcripts, a brief writing sample, and 3 reference letters. Materials should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org Questions can be directed to Dr. Matthew Swanson at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin on November 7, 2014, and will continue until the position is filled.
For consideration, send an application letter, curriculum vitae or resume, teaching evaluation scores, and contact information for 3 references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail addressed to the Office of Human Resources, Misericordia University, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA 18612.
- PHYSICAL THERAPY
- Full-time Faculty - The Physical Therapy Department at Misericordia University, located in Dallas, Pennsylvania, invites applications for full-time, 10-month faculty position, beginning in January 2015. Rank and tenure-track status are negotiable and dependent upon the applicant’s experience and qualifications.
1) Earned academic doctorate from an accredited institution, or DPT and clinical specialty certification (or eligible).
2) Current Physical Therapy license or eligible for Pennsylvania Physical Therapy licensure.
3) Teaching experience in higher education preferred.
4) Expertise in pediatrics, expertise in critical care/medically complex patients, or neurological rehabilitation.
5) Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
This faculty member will be expected to teach in their area of expertise, actively participate in scholarly activities, student advisement, and service to the University and profession.
Misericordia University, founded in 1924 by the Sisters of Mercy, has a long history of providing the community with health care practitioners who are compassionate, well educated, and able to deal with the challenging demands of health care in today’s society. The College of Health Sciences offers bachelors, masters and doctoral degree programs, as well as certificate programs in specialized areas. Curricula in all Health Science degree programs support the mission of Misericordia University and its core values of mercy, service, justice and hospitality.
For confidential consideration, please submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and names of three references by email to email@example.com or by mail addressed to the Office of Human Resources, Misericordia University, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA 18612. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT STUDIES
- Chair/Program Director - Faculty - Misericordia University is seeking a dynamic and motivated department chair/program director for its Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS) program and in Physician Assistant Studies department. The MSPAS program holds provisional accreditation status from ARC-PA and is applying for continuing accreditation status. An ARC-PA site visit is scheduled in March 2015. The department chair/program director position is open until filled.
Opportunity: Misericordia University has an excellent reputation for education in the sciences and the health professions. The department chair/program director will have the opportunity to continue the success of the newest PA program in Northeast Pennsylvania. This opportunity includes support from a Yale-emeritus Medical Director, an energetic and productive faculty and staff, and the university’s administration. This is a 12-month faculty position in the College of Arts and Sciences, reporting directly to the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences. Salary, rank, and eligibility for the tenure track are commensurate with experience and qualifications. Opportunity for clinical practice is negotiable.
Responsibilities: The department chair/program director is responsible for all functions related to the graduate PA program and the Department of Physician Assistant Studies, including departmental oversight of the Bachelor of Science in Medical Science program, the university’s undergraduate gateway to the PA program; management of ARC-PA accreditation requirements and processes of the PA Program; and allocation of department/program’s fiscal resources. The department chair/program director oversees all aspects of continued program assessment and supervision of all faculty and students. She/he provides oversight and administration of grants and fosters effective educational partnerships among departments within the university, with other area institutions, and with local/national organizations.
Qualifications: In accordance with ARC-PA standards, applicants must be a PA (NCCPA-certified) or physician (board certified); Pennsylvania licensure or eligibility is required. The successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the PA profession, role, practice, and educational process and strong interpersonal and communication skills. Desirable qualifications include prior teaching experience, prior clinical experience, prior experience in medical education/administration, and evidence of scholarly or other professional activity.
Application Process: Please send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statement of leadership and teaching philosophy, and list of three professional references.
Regular mail: Office of Human Resources Misericordia University 301 Lake Street Dallas, PA 18612
- Full time Faculty - Misericordia University is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time faculty position in the Physician Assistant Studies program. In addition to teaching a minimum of twenty-four credit hours per 12 months, specific responsibilities for this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Teach courses in the didactic phase of the program as assigned by the program director
- Participate in service activities as assigned by the program director
- Participate in the evaluation of MSPAS entry-level curriculum for Physician Assistant education
- Participate in the development, initiation and incorporation of instructional experiences
- Develop individualized learning objectives
- Recruit qualified applicants for admission to the program
- Provide supervision and counsel to students
- Serve as a small-group facilitator
- Assist in clinical site evaluation as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Current Physician Assistant National Certification
- Eligibility for Pennsylvania state licensure
- A minimum of three years clinical experience
- Master's Degree required
- Higher education experience preferred
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team of highly motivated and experienced individuals
- Honesty, integrity, and commitment to maintaining high professional standards
Application Process: Please submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statement of leadership and teaching philosophy, and list of three references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail addressed to the Office of Human Resources, Misericordia University, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA 18612
- SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY
- Tenure Track Assistant Professor - Misericordia University is currently accepting applications for one (1) full-time (10 month), tenure-track assistant professor position in our Speech-Language Pathology (SLP) department. Duties include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, continuing scholarly work, conducting clinical supervision, advising students, and participating in service. We are one of few 5-year combined undergraduate and graduate programs in the nation and our department is housed in a state-of-the-art facility that includes academic offices, research labs, classrooms, and clinic rooms. Our cutting-edge technology includes Near Infrared Spectroscopy, ISCAN eye-gaze tracking devices, videostroboscopy, Motion Capture Technology, Landro Play Analyzer, Sound-Isolation Room with Virtual Acoustic Environment, AAC equipment, and other technology. We also have research and clinical affiliations with area hospitals.
Qualifications are: (1) Ph.D. in Communication Sciences and Disorders (ABD will be considered with documented status); (2) preferably CCC-SLP and eligibility for Pennsylvania State Licensure; (3) quality teaching experience.
Preference will be given to applicants with expertise in dysphagia, speech science, and/or neurogenic communicative disorders. Applicants who have experience in Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) will also be considered. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Summer teaching is available.
Inquiries only should be directed to Dr. Glen Tellis, Search Committee Chair, (570) 674-6159, or e-mail: email@example.com. If you are at the ASHA Convention in Orlando and would like to meet with the faculty, please call Dr. Tellis at (570) 406-5063.
For consideration, please submit a letter of application (including your telephone number & e-mail address), curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy, graduate academic transcript, and three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Misericordia University, Human Resources Department, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA, 18612. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Start date is Fall 2015.
- TEACHER EDUCATION
- Tenure track Faculty (Special Education) - Misericordia University’s Teacher Education Department offers a number of programs in Elementary and Special Education, along with Middle- and Secondary-level and graduate programs. Founded in 1924, Misericordia University is an independent, Catholic, liberal arts-based institution with a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching.
The Teacher Education Department of Misericordia University seeks a tenure-track, open rank faculty position in Special Education beginning January 2015. Preferred candidates are those with prior departmental leadership experience who are willing to assume the position of Chair of the Teacher Education Department. Faculty members are expected to engage in the full range of teaching, research, and service activities. Candidates who also have demonstrated capacity to contribute to general education undergraduate and graduate programs are encouraged to apply.
• Earned doctoral degree in Special Education or closely related field.
• Expertise in the design, development, and delivery of specially designed instruction in core academic areas (e.g., reading, writing, mathematics) for students with disabilities or at risk for academic difficulties.
• Expertise in the application of research-based instructional strategies, such as the Strategic Instruction Model.
• Demonstrated ability to teach at the post-secondary/higher education level.
• An established record of scholarly productivity and proven track record of external funding or demonstrated potential for scholarly productivity.
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues within the department and across the University.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in state and national accreditation activities.
• Ability to advise and supervise a diverse student body in our certification, undergraduate, and graduate programs.
• Demonstrated ability or potential to extend evidence-based instructional practices to educational systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Teach undergraduate courses (4/4 load).
• Supervise practicum students and student teachers.
• Provide academic advising for undergraduate education majors.
• Participate in the preparation of reports for program accreditation.
• Contribute to program area, department, col