Ruth's Place Walk A Mile in Her Shoes, Sociology Department
As a Misericordia student participating in Service-Learning, you will implement the knowledge and skills gained in the classroom to serve our local community. Each Service-Learning course will collaborate with a specific agency or service organization.
- Secure necessary clearances prior to the beginning of the semester. Please access the clearances page for more information.
- Depending on the Service-Learning model, complete the scheduled visits or develop plans for independently completing the Service-Learning responsibilities.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of the community organization.
- Notify agency if an emergency arises and attendance is not possible on the expected day(s).
- Complete the evaluations and reflections by their respective due dates. See your Service-Learning course syllabus for more details.
- Act professional by observing the agency’s dress code and respecting confidentiality. Please review the agency’s mission and values prior to your first visit.
- Be respectful of the agency and the people with whom service is being provided.
- Take advantage of university transportation when provided. For further information on transportation, please contact Kevin Feifer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-674-6322.
- Know that if you travel in your own car that you are responsible for yourself and those who travel with you.