Faculty Excellence in Teaching and Scholarship
Faculty excellence in teaching, research and other scholarly endeavors insures academic excellence permeates Misericordia University. The University is known for personal attention, robust student-faculty interaction and faculty-driven quality in all majors. which allows us to attract, hire and return talented faculty.
- Maintain appropriate ratio of adjuncts to full-time faculty
- Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) provides pedagogical and professional development assistance and supports research grant acquisition
- Identify, orient, and support adjuncts so that, when utilized, they uphold high-quality student-faculty interactions
- Provide and promote opportunities for significant, high-quality student-faculty interaction
- Optimize available resources for research, including faculty research and summer research grants, and support for securing external funding, thereby insuring that resources match faculty needs.
- Provide innovative solutions to science faculty and other lab needs that are aligned with faculty teaching and research
- MU will remain a leader among its peers in providing class sizes that foster personal attention in major programs and in the core curriculum
- % of FT faculty with publications or presentations
- NSSE: Level of Academic Challenge Index
- NSSE: Active and Collaborative learning Index
- NSSE: Enriching Educational Experiences Index
- FT Faculty: Overall satisfaction with current position