The library received its first laptop computers in 2001 through funding provided by a Title III grant. This funding specified that laptops were for student use within the library. Since then, the library has received additional laptops with wireless capability, allowing the library to extend privileges to faculty and staff. The following guidelines govern the borrowing of library laptop computers:
- Misericordia faculty, students, and staff are extended borrowing privileges for laptops.
- Students with a valid Misericordia ID may borrow laptops for up to two hours for in-library use only.
- A valid Misericordia e-mail address is required for internet access via the campus wireless connection.
- Users should report any malfunctions to a library staff member at the Circulation Desk before the laptop is marked returned.
Additional privileges are extended to faculty/staff for a limited number of laptops:
- Misericordia faculty currently teaching a course, or staff members, may reserve a laptop, designated for their use, for a seven-day period on a first-come, first-served basis for use outside the library.
- Faculty/staff must have a valid ID.
- Faculty/staff must sign a form accepting responsibility for loss or damage of equipment or components thereof.
- No additional programs may be installed on library laptops.
- Laptops must be returned in person at the Circulation Desk.
- Late returns will result in suspended privileges for laptop borrowing.
For assistance, please contact the Circulation desk at 570-674-6231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.