Search

Mercy Hall

For much of the University's history, this building was known as the Administration Building, but it was re-dedicated as Mercy Hall following major renovations in 2002. The original building was constructed when the Sisters of Mercy founded the university in 1924 and was expanded in 1932. The building is home to administrative offices, classrooms, computer labs and faculty offices.


Mercy Hall
Mercy Hall's lower level contains three classrooms, labs for our Medical Imaging program, our Safety Office, IT Student Help Desk and offices for our Computer Services, Human Resources, and Finance and Administrative Affairs.

Mercy Hall main entrance
The main entrance to the building takes you through a beautiful brass doorway into the main lobby, with its arched ceiling, gothic architecture and marble staircase. This area is a busy hub of activity. Many of the offices students need most regularly, such as Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Accounts and the Registrar, can be found on this floor in addition to the University chapel.

Students in class
The second floor was renovated in 2002. It formerly housed the library, but now contains several classrooms. Our University Advancement offices also reside on the second floor near the Founders Room, a lasting tribute to the University's founders, the Religious Sisters of Mercy.

Third floor computer labs
On the third floor you'll find more than a dozen classrooms, most of which are designed to accommodate between 10 and 30 students. Also found on this floor are two computer labs featuring virtualized work stations and state of the art VM ware, that are open from early morning to late evening. The fourth floor has four classrooms that provide a beautiful panoramic view of campus.

Bell Tower
Improvements to Mercy Hall continued with the 2003 completion of the Geraldine Ruth Daley Anderson Bell Tower. Dr. Robert S. Anderson, a former trustee and benefactor, donated $500,000 to MU for the project. The tower houses the University's new carillon (bell system) and connects all five floors of Mercy Hall with a walkway to the Mary Kintz Bevevino Library.