Staff Employment Opportunity and Position Vacancy List / Job Postings
Updated as of October 21, 2014
Misericordia University is committed to student, faculty and staff diversity and values the educational benefit this brings to campus. Candidates should indicate any experience and/or leadership that contribute to this goal.
- Assistant Volleyball Coach (part-time, seasonal) - This part-time, seasonal position will assist the head coach in all facets of the sports program, including, but not limited to, the development and implementation of individual fundamental skills.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree; working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations; strong managerial, administrative, interpersonal skill; and computer proficiency. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Prior playing or coaching experience at the college/university or professional level is preferred. Flexibility is required for scheduled practices and competition during the season.
For confidential consideration, please apply with a cover letter, resume, and references at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail addressed to Misericordia University, Office of Human Resources, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA 18612
- CENTER FOR ADULT AND CONTINUING EDUCATION / OFFICE FOR SUMMER STUDIES
- Instructional Designer - The Instructional Designer will work collaboratively with faculty to design, lead or participate in the development and/or enhancement of instructional materials for online, hybrid and face-to-face courses. This full-time position will design and develop instructional materials and will serve as a liaison to other departments regarding instructional design to enhance faculty development resources.
• Master's degree in instructional technology or related field
• A minimum of three years of related experience and/or training
• Experience using and managing Learning Management Systems (such as Blackboard), portal, Student Information Systems, ePortfolio, etc.
• Experience developing accessible multimedia materials, including audio (podcasts), video, and projects using multimedia authoring applications
• Experience delivering technology training in multiple formats
• Familiarity with Quality Matters, Inter-Institutional Quality Assurance in Online Learning
• Experience in Flash, web page design, and Power Point and their educational uses
• Knowledge and understanding of the instructional design process
• Knowledge and understanding of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) as it applies to technologies and instructional design
• Knowledge of online course development
• Ability to assist faculty with assessment pertaining to use of instructional design materials and the use of Blackboard, Adobe Connect and other technologies that may be employed for assessment
• Demonstrated ability to teach adults, particularly faculty from a wide array of departments and disciplines
• Demonstrated knowledge of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) approaches to instructional design
• Demonstrated application of UDL within higher education
• Comprehensive knowledge of intellectual property rights as applicable to instructional delivery
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
For consideration, apply submit a cover letter, resume, and references through the online application below or through mail at Misericordia University, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA 18612
APPLY ONLINE HERE - Instructional Designer