Staff Employment Opportunity and Position Vacancy List / Job Postings
Updated as of November 19, 2014
Misericordia University is committed to student, faculty and staff diversity and values the educational benefit this brings to campus. Candidates should indicate any experience and/or leadership that contribute to this goal.
- Assistant Volleyball Coach (part-time, seasonal) - This part-time, seasonal position will assist the head coach in all facets of the sports program, including, but not limited to, the development and implementation of individual fundamental skills.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree; working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations; strong managerial, administrative, interpersonal skill; and computer proficiency. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Prior playing or coaching experience at the college/university or professional level is preferred. Flexibility is required for scheduled practices and competition during the season.
For confidential consideration, please apply with a cover letter, resume, and references at email@example.com or by mail addressed to Misericordia University, Office of Human Resources, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA 18612
- STUDENT SUCCESS CENTER
- Director of the Student Success Center - The Director of the Student Success Center will oversee the daily operations and direct the overall vision, strategic planning, and assessment of all Student Success Center units including Disability Services, Retention, Tutoring, the Writing Center, and academic support programs. This position will play a lead role in retention efforts and will work closely with faculty/staff to collaborate on student success programs and initiatives across the University in order to provide optimal guidance and referrals to students in need of assistance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage and supervise the delivery of academic support programs to the campus community to assure high quality service to students.
• Manage and oversee the University’s retention programs such as Early Alert, Choice, First Year Experience (FYE).
• Supervise and provide leadership to the staff of the Student Success Center.
• Work collaboratively with administrators, faculty and other departments to establish processes to identify at risk students and to develop intervention strategies for engaging students in obtaining tutoring and other support services needed for academic success.
• Develop, coordinate, and implement FYE, Bridge, Target, and other student support programs.
• Lead academic status and SSC meetings. Participate in academic counsel, enrollment, directors meetings as well as Student Affairs and Academic Affairs meetings as necessary.
• Advise final probationary students. Maintain confidential student assessment reports and files.
• Coordinate the undeclared freshman program.
• Evaluate and assess retention and Student Success Center programs and services.
• A Master’s Degree in Education, Special Education, Psychology, Social Work or related field
• Six years of progressively responsible experience developing and directing university retention programs and activities in the areas of academic, social and transitional support
• Strong communication skills with particular ability to deal with complex situations with a variety of constituencies including students, parents, faculty, administration and external constituencies in the government and private sector
• Familiarity with FERPA and applicable laws/regulations regarding student records, confidentiality, and students’ rights and responsibilities
• Knowledge of learning theories
• Prior supervisory experience is preferred
• An understanding of and experience working with students with documented learning disabilities is preferred
• Knowledge of ADA and legislation for students with learning disabilities is preferred
For consideration, apply submit a cover letter, resume, and references through the online application below or through mail at Misericordia University, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA 18612
APPLY ONLINE HERE - Director of the Student Success Center