Bachelor of Science-Admissions Information
For admission to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography baccalaureate degree program, the applicant must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Possess the credential of Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonography (RDMS) awarded by the American Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) in at least one specialty (abdominal or obstetrics/gynecology).
- Possess the American Registry for Radiologic Technology Sonography credential (ARRT) (S).
- Be enrolled in the University’s DMS certificate program or a CAAHEP accredited sonography program and during the last session, can request consideration to continue to complete the bachelor degree program. Formal admission would occur once the graduate earned the RDMS or ARRT(S) credential.
For applicants choosing and desiring enrollment in the dual BS/MS track:
Upon completion of the BS degree, students must apply, have a minimum GPA of 3.0, and meet all the admission requirements for the MS Organization Management major for continuation in the graduate program.
- Application requirements
- Complete an Expressway application by going to www.misericordia.edu, select future students and apply now.
- Provide an official copy of all previous College or program transcripts to the Part-time Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Provide a copy of ARDMS or ARRT(S) certification card to the Part-time Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Professional Credential Credits
- Credits will be awarded for earning your ARDMS Abdominal and/or Obstetrics and Gynecology specialties examinations or possession of the ARRT (S) credential.
- Credit evaluation
- Upon submission of your application, receipt of all official transcripts, and a copy of your ARDMS or ARRT card, the application will be evaluated by the Part-time Undergraduate Admissions office and the Chair of Sonography.
- All college earned credits will be evaluated for equivalence to Misericordia University offered courses for credit transfer
- The Chair will contact the applicant to discuss the three tracks offered within the degree, number of credits eligible for transfer and number of credits required to complete the degree.
- A minimum of 30 credits must be taken at Misericordia University to earn the baccalaureate degree.
- Prior learning assessment
- Education received through non-credit bearing mechanisms or success of a credentialing exam other than abdominal and/or obstetrics will be evaluated through the university's Prior Learning Assessment policies administered through CACE. Applicants that desire to challenge a BS major course may request consideration through the PLA process for the course desired for consideration of demonstration of knowledge. There is a fee for each course assessed and accepted as successfully meeting the course objectives.
- Example would be for sonographers possessing additional credentials such as RVT or RVS or an additional specialty such as Breast.
- Refer to the University Catalog for more information on Prior Learning Assessment process.