1. Apply critical thinking and analystical skills in their professional practice.
2, Articulate the importance of the positive value of human diversity and knowldege of special populations who are at-risk of, and/or victims of prejudice and discriminiation resulting in oppression.
3. Illustrate through written and oral presentation a theoretical and applied understanding of the major functions involved in interactions between individuals, families, groups, and their environment.
4. Demonstrate the ability to use current technology in the processes of reseraching, problem-solving, and applying issues in the behavioral sciences.
5. Organize and communicate a functional understanding of professional ethics grounded in area of concentration.
6, Use communication skills differently, with consumer populations, peers, communities, professionals of other disciplines, and members of the behavioral sciences communities.
7. Demonstrate the use of professional self including the ability to write clearly, understand verbal and nonverbal communication, accept constructive criticism, and employ various mechanisms to develop self-awareness.
8. Adapt a global perspective in the evaluaton of the community of human needs and the different ways in which these needs are addressed.
9. Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications required in this globally interconnected world.
10. Analyze and assess the impact of policy, programs, and services on vulnerable populations.
11. Use and evaluate a global persoective in articulating the intersection of human needs with the environment and social structures as well as the way needs are expressed and addressed.
12. Appraise evudence-based theoretical frameworkds employed to define interactions among individuals, between individuals and social systems, between individuals and their environment, and the global impact.
13. Assess and analyze the biological, psychological and social factors that influence human behavior and development through the life cycle as evidenced by written and oral presentations.